Dear STAT Families,
Spring is here! 6.5 weeks: 9 class days,14 home days, and one Field Day/Promotion Day to go! I can hear the angels singing! Speaking of angels singing. . . Did you hear our children in Mass on Monday? Simply beautiful.
- Self-Portrait Assignment day Friday, April 7th: On this day only math will be assigned in order to give your children time to complete their self-portraits for art class. What a great way to head into the Easter break!
- Easter Break is Monday, April 10th – Friday, April 21st: All classes resume at OLF on Monday, April 24th.
- Girls on the Run 5K, Saturday, April 22nd, 9am, Druid Park in Baltimore: Feel free to come cheer us on!
- Math Assessments will be given on Mon., May 1st and Wed.& May 3rd during their math period: Do not worry or cram for these exams! We review both test scores and longstanding performance when making placement decisions for next year.
- An Evening of Poetry, Monday, May 8th, OLF, 7:00-8:30pm: Please join out students as they display their hard work and bring poetry to life!
- Field Day/8th Grade Promotion/LAST DAY OF STAT will be Monday, May 22nd.
- The Shuckers basketball game has been cancelled due to many schedule conflicts!
Let’s keep praying for happy and healthy pregnancies within our STAT family!
Congratulations to all STAT families with high school graduations coming in the month of May: the Brown, Fischer, Kirby, Landerkin, Popp, Richardson, and Zaleski families!
Special Thanks To . . .
- Christine Falcone for organizing the field trip to the National Gallery of Art. Everyone had a wonderful time!
- The Cleary Family for hosting an enormously successful Middle School Movie Night/Manhunt event at their home!
- Laura Pontzer for arranging the 7th Grade field trip to the Mcfadden Glassblowing Studio in Baltimore. It was amazing. I heard many people saying, “This would be a great place for an adult social.” Blow torch use was authorized!
- Cathy Sitzwohl and Amy Zaleski for heading up STAT’s awesome Pizza Days!
- Kathy Kirby, Naomi Popp, and Melissa Freymann and for acquiring and arranging beautiful flowers and tablecloths to make the church hall look and smell amazing for our symposium event! (And Tracy Baldwin for raising the bar with her bright ideas!)
- Amy Zaleski for all her hard work in arranging our guest speaker, Mary Pat Donoghue. What a fun night!
- The hospitality crew, Deb Thompson and Maria Kerris, for coming back out to OLF in the evenings and providing all that delicious food for many events: Parent Information Nights, symposium, etc. Thanks for keeping everyone happy!
- Kim Flater for keeping us moving forward one day at a time by arranging both planned and many last minute substitutes during a high sickness, high transition, low-light couple of months. We appreciate you!
Blessed Holy Week and Easter Celebration!
Director, St. Thomas Aquinas Tutorial