Dear STAT Families,
Happy March! Spring is almost here. I can’t wait. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Lord for seeing us through this last month of unexpected transitions. Thank you, Jesus!
I would also like to encourage each of you to take advantage of the opportunity to hear Mary Pat Donoghue speak on March 20th. This time of year, we all need encouragement and an answer to the question, “Why am I doing this?” Come share this heartening evening with us!
- STAT Wide Field Trip to the National Gallery of Art, Friday, March 3rd: NO HOMEWORK DAY!
- Stat begins with Mass,Monday, March 6th: Please arrive by 8:10 to allow time for the children to process over to the church together.
- The 3rd Quarter Ends, Tuesday, March 14th: We are approaching the home stretch!
- Parent/ Tutor conferences Available: From Monday, March 13th– Friday, March 24th, upon request from either parent or tutor.
- Guest Speaker at STAT: Monday, March 20th, 7pm, OLF COME ALL!Mary Pat Donoghue, the former principal of St. Jerome’s Catholic School in Hyattsville, MD, who is now the Director of School Programs for The Institute of Catholic Liberal Education, is coming to Our Lady of the Fields to speak about Classical Education and the Imagination.
- Parent Information Night (PIN), Thursday, 27 March, 7pm: STAT still has openings in next year’s 2nd, 3rd and 7th grades. Think about friends, family members or acquaintances that may benefit from our wonderful program. Please recommend the PIN night and have them contact Amy Zaleski for information and a shadow date.
- Tutor Openings: We are looking for the following tutor positions to be filled for the 2017-2018 school year: Science, Latin, Algebra, 3rd Grade Humanities and 6th Grade humanities. Please send any interested and highly recommended people our way!
- The Bay Area Shuckers Game (Our annual family fundraiser) is May 6th. Tickets are available now! $10 for adults and $5 for kids. Contact Stacy Golden at firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets!
- Please Purchase Scrip!! Email Stacy Golden with your order and she will send it in through your oldest child on the next STAT day. ( email@example.com)
Our STAT family is growing by leaps and bounds! Christina Scrivner, Bridget Claxton and Lina Martin are all expecting. Hooray! May God bless each of you with happy and healthy pregnancies. Congratulations to your families, and to all the big brothers and sisters! Let’s remember to keep them in our prayers.
A Super Special THANK YOU Goes out to:
- Kelly Dennis for stepping in and taking over as the 3rd grade Math Teacher and the 3rd grade Humanities Teacher!!
- David Szostak for jumping back in and teaching the morning portion of the 6th grade Humanities Class.!
- Lorraine Landerkin for taking over the Math 8/7 class!
- Christine Butrim for teaching the afternoon session of 6th grade Humanities.
- Cathy Sitzwohl, Bridget Claxton, Kelly Dennis, Jeanette Sudano, Amy Zaleski and Azin Cleary for filling all of those sub requests last month when everyone was so sick!
- Christine Falcone for organizing our field trip to the National Gallery of Art!
- All of our families for being so flexible with all the staff changes that have occurred. Thank you for your prayers, your encouragement, and your friendship!
Director, St. Thomas Aquinas Tutorial